Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Dresser Makeover


Hi y'all! I don't know if anyone remembers me saying (probably not, it was a long time ago!) that I was thinking of making over my dresser??? Well on a kind of spur of the moment Homebase excursion on Sunday I bought myself some paint and decided to crack on with it.

This is it before with all the china emptied off, looking pretty naff to be honest...


And here is the after with everything back on....


 I took the knobs off and left them as they were and I really like the contrast.


Have to admit this is probably my favourite makeover I've ever done, I always wanted a cream dresser and now I have one for the price of a pot of paint! We got the dresser from someone on ebay when we moved in about three years ago, I can't remember how much it was now but it was definitely a bargain so it's a pretty thrifty piece altogether. I keep catching sight of it and being so pleased, makes it all worth the FOUR coats of paint it took :)


Hope you had a great weekend and see you soon, love Mel xXxXx

25 comments:

rockinloubylou said...

Well, that's fantastic! a tin of paint well spent. it looks like something from the pages of Country Living with a hefty price tag and covered in Emma Bridgewater!

Diane said...

Looks fab - no wonder you are pleased !! xxx

topchelseagirl said...

Wow it looks absolutely gorgeous!!

Kelly said...

That looks fantastic!!! Bet you are really pleased!!!

A Bun Can Dance said...

Hi Mel
It looks stunning !!! Fancy doing one for me too ?? Only joking - I bet you're so very relieved it's all finished. I love it, well done you. And like you, I too would keep the handles as they are for contrast, it works brilliantly.
Happy days to you,
Denise x

Vintage from the Village said...

It looks great, could you pop over and do my bedroom furniture this afternoon !!
Sue x

charl said...

this looks stunning.. it looks so pretty in the cream,
well done you've done a great job!

Florence and Mary said...

WOW it looks gorgeous!

Victoria xx

Vintage Amethyst said...

Oh it looks lovely!
love
Alison
x

Flossie and Tom said...

Looks beautiful - well Done you - I'm hoping to win some furniture tomorrow on ebay that will get the same treatment

Kandi said...

Oh wiw its really beautiful. Do you mind me asking what paint you used, I really like it!
kandi x

Andi's English Attic said...

I'm really impressed. I'm about to paint my breakfast room which has a dresser in it and now I have no doubts about painting the dresser as well. What colour did you use? xx

Rebecca said...

wowwweeeee! It looks amazing, I have always wanted a cream dresser but will probably paint a cheap one :) Which paint did you use? I love the colour x

Tilly Rose said...

Woa! it's absolutely faberooney!!!!
Good on you!
Very very verrrrry envious...
Karen x x x

Thecraftytrundler said...

Luvverly job!!!! I think you have inspired loads of bloggers, including me!!
Look forward to seeing that coffee table done : )

Sharon xx

Jemm said...

Very nice! I really like the cream color.

Mummy Boo Bear said...

Yummylicious! that's all i can say. and the contrasting knobs are just right too.

A really lovely makeover, Just gorgeous.


MBB x

Debs said...

It looks great - I love the effect that a tin of paint can achieve.
I painted my dresser several years ago, and like you I left the handles in the natural wood finish but I also left the top of the base in the waxed finish too.

ShabbyChicShaz said...

Your dresser looks wonderful, worth the effort of 4 coats of paint :)

Victoria Plum said...

I have dresser envy!!!

Nearly 50 and trying to be Frugal .... said...

That looks lovely

Lululiz said...

Fabulous makeover!

Jille said...

So you should be pleased! It look fantastic! I wish I'd not given ours away...
Jille x

Taz said...

Oooh that looks fab, can you come and paint mine please :D

Annie @ Birdcages n Butterflies x said...

WOW SO PRETTY!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
Def worth the painstaking painting process!!!
Annie x